Hey there family!
Holy goodness, has it been two weeks? Well, it sure has! I love you all so much and I am so grateful to be here in Bolivia. No joke, Im sitting in an internet cafe right next to a street called Santos DuMont which is inside the segund ring of Santa Cruz. My life is crazy... If you think the highways of California are crazy, imagine living in circles, literally!
Holy goodness, has it been two weeks? Well, it sure has! I love you all so much and I am so grateful to be here in Bolivia. No joke, Im sitting in an internet cafe right next to a street called Santos DuMont which is inside the segund ring of Santa Cruz. My life is crazy... If you think the highways of California are crazy, imagine living in circles, literally!
So anyway, special shoutouts to the people sending me AWESOME pacakges and such. Just so yall know I got them... Ashley and BREMMERS! I about cried when I saw my Valentines package and the package for Elder Vallejo. He was SO HAPPY and it made me proud of my family. Mom and dad, the chocolate package was just opened and given some love... Along with the package of necessities! SOCKS! Thank you Bremmers for socks, too! Thanks brits, ashley, meagan, and Bro Schenck for your letters and books and such! Oh the mission. Its crazy and full of happiness.
So Carnaval here in Santa Cruz is CRAZY! We didnt get to go out, but we saw people spraying each other with paint guns, I even got hit a bit on my shirt. :( and they do some unholy things, but mostly water balloons and paint each other! I think Ashley Bremmer would love it. Hahaha
My companion and I celebrated DAds birthday during then too! We bought RED ROBBINesque burgers. Mom and dad went out to eat for my birthday, so I called in some burgers. SO GOOD! I did tear up a bit because its been so long.
My health! Its so much better. I gave up soy milk, Im totally hooked on fruits and chocolate. Im not eating as much bread as I want, but Im not as tired either! Who knew that after 19.5 years of life I would learn how to exercise and eat right?! Thats what happens when McDonalds isnt too close hahaha...
My health! Its so much better. I gave up soy milk, Im totally hooked on fruits and chocolate. Im not eating as much bread as I want, but Im not as tired either! Who knew that after 19.5 years of life I would learn how to exercise and eat right?! Thats what happens when McDonalds isnt too close hahaha...
So we did have so many miracles this week! AHHH I am so grateful for the Lord. Pablo, a youth weve been teaching, is hoping to be baptized THIS SATURDAY!!! He hasnt talked to his dad, and his mom said shes cool with it, but his dad is the one were waiting on. I so hope DAds birthday will include a baptism...
I forgot! A few weeks ago we got 3 people who were inactive, to be officially ACTIVE! And this past week we visited 2 of them, and one is working for the other and repairing relationships with his wife! Oh the joys of seeing peoples faces as they see the blessings of the gospel. My companion and I are definitely struggling to find people to teach, and we are praying so much, but we are also trusting in the Lord. You have no idea how amazing it is to see the Lord guide you to people and to teach them and give them the chance to accept the gospel. THATS THE POINT! I dont pray that the Lord will guide me to baptisms, I pray that he will guide me to people just so theyll have the chance to accept our message.
So you ready for what I did this past Carnaval? well, President gave us study time and we were given about 6 hours of free time or what not. He also gave us a challenge to memorize THE LIVING CHRIST. Granted, I dont remember ever reading it in English, but I decided to memorize it! Why not? Im an actor! And so my companion and I did. And you guys, I cant adequately express my love for this prophetic declaration.. Mom, if you can put the link here, that would be great. The Living Christ Memorizing in full this testimony has changed my mission. It has made me realize the importance of Jesus Christ in my life and in the lives of others. My companion and I frequently quote the words in our lessons to help these people understand that praying to know the Book of Mormon is true doesnt just tell them that our church is true... It gives them another witness that Jesus loves all his children. That he talks to us TODAY and will not forget us. This memorization will forever bring me closer to God. I love my Savior. I love my Heavenly Father.
President George Q. Cannon said: “No matter how serious the trial, how deep the distress, how great the affliction, [God] will never desert us. He never has, and He never will. He cannot do it. It is not His character. He is an unchangeable being; the same yesterday, the same today, and He will be the same throughout the eternal ages to come. We have found that God. We have made Him our friend, by obeying His Gospel; and He will stand by us. We may pass through the fiery furnace; we may pass through deep waters; but we shall not be consumed nor overwhelmed. We shall emerge from all these trials and difficulties the better and purer for them, if we only trust in our God and keep His commandments”
President George Q. Cannon said: “No matter how serious the trial, how deep the distress, how great the affliction, [God] will never desert us. He never has, and He never will. He cannot do it. It is not His character. He is an unchangeable being; the same yesterday, the same today, and He will be the same throughout the eternal ages to come. We have found that God. We have made Him our friend, by obeying His Gospel; and He will stand by us. We may pass through the fiery furnace; we may pass through deep waters; but we shall not be consumed nor overwhelmed. We shall emerge from all these trials and difficulties the better and purer for them, if we only trust in our God and keep His commandments”
My dear family, that is my testimony. That our Heavenly Father loves us. He will forever be with us and help us. We are working with 2 couples... One couple wants to get married, another on the brink of divorce. One is an investigator, the other Less Actives. BOTH have kids. I testify that my work here is for a reason. That the Atonement of Jesus Christ is the cement of my religion and my belief. That without the Atonement, and a knowledge of Gods love, my life would be of no worth.
This week I invite you to read the Living Christ, personally, and ponder upon its meanings. It was written by a prophet and 12 apostles, the same organization that Christ himself had when we was on the Earth. After you have done those two things, I invite you to pray to your Heavenly Father and ask him if he truly has prophets on the Earth. I promise you that if you are humble, and truly seeking for an answer, you shall find it. That is my objective as a missionary. Im not perfect. But I am willing to learn each day. And for this, the Lord can work through me.
The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake!
(How firm a foundation, hymn 85)
For a dollar!
Elder RisueƱo
P.S. Dont forget my dads birthday is the 15th! Love ya pops!
No comments:
Post a Comment