FAMILY!
I dont know how many thousands of you were praying for Pablo, but he got baptized! Im not kidding how much of a miracle it was. Ready? so before someone gets baptized they need an interview... the Zone Leaders said it needed to be at 7 on the DOT so they could book it to their lesson. This was the day before teh baptism. So we told Pablo at 630 he needed to be home. He studies from 2pm till 6 so he said hed be there... so we waited and waited and waited and waited and NOTHING. 7:15 and we were freaking. I prayed and teared up a bit and was frustrated and called a member who said he wasnt home so we couldnt go in his taxi. Well, I kind of said, OH WELL WE WANTED YOU TO ACCOMPANY US TO A LESSON! and he said hed do his best and we ended the call. So a few minutes later we walked to the main avenue and the MEMBER SHOWED UP! So after I had invited him to go with us he dropped EVERYTHING to wait for us to show up at his house. Recent convert from heaven. No joke. So we looked and drove and looked and nothing! so last resort we made one last circle for Pablo and my companion saw him walking with his friends like NOTHING! ahhh so we patiently called him and took him to the interview and he was baptized the next day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!!! But yeah, thanks guys. And thanks, God. Such a miracle.
So the work and life here in Bolivia! Ready for another story? So we had interviews this week and President spoke of how grateful he is for my attitude! What? So I guess my weekly letters with LOVE YOU and happiness really animate him for the week. Long story short people: It doesnt matter how hard your life is, just try to make people smile. It was such a great reminder that we can change the world one smile at a time. We also spoke to our Mission Presidents wife as a companionship and she was grateful that we were missionaries who caused no worries. I realized, THATS LOVE! Maybe being a drama queen to my parents WASNT the best idea as a teenager. Whatever, they love me.
Oh! so the micros are CRAZY and they are like indiana jones standing up and moving from the back of the car to the front and I always yell ME VOY when I fall. I definitely squished two ladies when I flew. And Im not ashamed of this because they all know Im gringo. ME VOY! (It means Im going!)
So investigators wise, its been a bit hard. Elder Chura and I lost all of our investigators with a baptismal date due to lack of motivation, they moved, or just didnt want to talk to us. The work of salvation that we do states that its all about the members and no more door knocking. But we tried door knocking and everyone knows us and has no want to talk to us! What? OH NO! Thats so not possible. So we will go forth. Last night I was meditaing on my bed and was like, God, what can I do? Im worthy! Im ready to work. What more do you want?
It was then, that I realized that at that point I was content with where I was. I didnt see a need for me to change. But we always need to. If we are not consistently trying to change some small part of our lives, then our lives have no purpose. Thats my personal goal this week that I invite you to do this week, too. To find something small that you can work on to show God that you will be a little better this week. That you want to grow closer to Him so that He can grow closer to you.
The great Ralph Waldo Emerson taught the following:
What you are is Gods gift to you; what you do to yourself is your gift to God.
It is my hope that we can give God a little bit more of who we are. At the intervew I had with President he told me that I needed to say goodbye to this ward because I am going to a new area. Immediately after, he told my companion to help me prepare to train this next transfer. Well, here comes life. I still have another week to give more to God before I am put to train one of his precious new missionaries. For
May our prayers echo this hymn, Lead me into life eternal:
Father, all my heart I give thee;
All my service shall be thine.
Guide me as I search in weakness;
Let thy loving light be mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment