Monday, February 24, 2014

Like father, like son! (Week 31)

Okay family, lets be sad for a few minutes because I wont be emailing
you next week... SORRY! Carnaval is next Monday and NO ONE IS LEAVING
THE HOUSE for 2 days. No joke. So until the 10th, I hope this is going
to be good. For those of you who are wondering what happens during
Carnaval, people drink a ton, and here they throw balloons filled with
paint. So missionaries with white shirts? Double trouble. So Ill let
you know what goes down in 2 weeks! Until then, happy halfway mark mom
and dad as empty nesters! BELIEVE IT! 7 and a half months down, 7 and
a half to go! LOVE YOU!

So this week was so dang crazy. Lets be real. So Tuesday morning I
started feeling NOT GOOD! My stomach was fighting SOMETHING and it
caused some massive stomach problems. Understand the subject now?
Diarrhea massive and crazy. So I called the health secretary, and took
some meds and continued with the feeling. It was a 3 day test. So a by
Thursday it was NOT GOOD! I stopped taking those wastes of time. And
so I prayed for help to get me focused on something else and... IT
POURED RAIN! No joke. Like it was a foot of water. I recorded stuff
and took pictures. I dont think I can send pictures this week so with
the package thats going home with the gringos that are here, Ill send
those pictures. They are to die for! I sang in the rain, and I
pretended like I was swimming! So I got my mind off and I was good
until Friday.. We had a service activity to help the people who are so
with problems in Beni and Trinidad because of the rain. So the members
fed us SALTEÑAS and BURGER KING! Remember my last meeting with the BK?
Diarrhea. So this time I was worried. But I ate! Duhh! I finished what
I could.. Fast forward to that night.. 11pm. THROW UP! Thanks dad, for
teaching me how to throw up with grace. No tears, or anything. I just
held that pot like it was my momma and threw up. 4 times then I was
done. There went the BK. So I didnt go to the medic then, I let my
comp sleep. NOT A GOOD IDEA. I was sick in the bathroom with problems
on the other side of life. But I was a big boy and cleaned up well.
Thanks, Mom and dad. So THEN we went to the medic. Turns out my diet
is horrible, fried foods, and I have to give it up. DANG IT! But I got
the meds, I still feel kind of nasty, but I rejoiced that I got
experience life! YAY DAD AND SON TIME!

So this week was a bit of a MIRACLE week. Dad and mom, thanks for
telling me to rely and wait for God to tell me where to go (Dad) and
to see the good in each person (Mom). We found a family that will be
GOLDEN! Lets hope they make it to church this coming Sunday. Gabriel,
who was supposed to get baptized around this time just told us he
doesnt want to talk to us again and that hes suffering... but did he
read and pray about the book of Mormon? NOPE. Thats all we ask,
people. Read, meditate, and pray. Frustrating. But we keep it going!
Lets hope we get a wedding on this month!

So while we were going home from the Clinic, I saw a GRINGA! An
american.. But she wasnt american. She was from Germany! She was
traveling alone and was super confused as to why I would want to serve
a mission and really seemed skeptical about what I was doing. I was so
confused! Why would she say that? So I started thinking and SINGING!
Thats right... ready? TOGETHER:

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I know who I am.
I know God's plan.
I'll follow him in faith.
I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ.
I'll honor his name.
I'll do what is right;
I'll follow his light.
His truth I will proclaim.

Thats right. I sang that proudly in my head! I want to focus on 3 parts:
1. I know who I am. How awesome is that? We are sons and daughters of
a Heavenly Father! He knows me! I can talk to Him and He will help
me!!
2. I know Gods plan. He has a plan for ME! He wants me to return to
Him. He has set requirements for me to return to Him to show Him Im
faithful. I want to help people with that
3. Ill follow Him in faith. Because I know these things, I will act
and I will follow Him.

Thats my invitation for each of us this week! I hope that we all can
get closer to our Savior. He wants us to Follow Him. How can we do
that? Heres the answer in the book of Mormon:

10 And he said unto the children of men: Follow thou me. Wherefore,
my beloved brethren, can we follow Jesus save we shall be willing to
keep the commandments of the Father?

It is my hope and prayer that this week we will choose to follow Him
by keeping his commandments a little bit more. Lets choose one this
week. And strengthen it a ton. WE KNOW WHO WE ARE! We know why we are
here. This life is hard, but its not sad. Its a life of hope because
we know why we are here. It is my hope that each of us will help
others to know that and understand it more.

I love each of you, and I will talk to you all the 10th.
Con amor,
Elder Risueño

No comments:

Post a Comment