Monday, September 16, 2013

Landed in Bolivia! (Week 6)

My loving family and friends,
I hope all is well in the great states that are united, except Alaska and Hawaii. I had no idea it was Labor Day. At least I will remember my birthday now.
I have had one of the worst and greatest weeks. I feel like God just took all of my weaknesses, laid them out in front of me for a few days, and told me to take those weaknesses and make them strengths. What a rough, but great start to a mission.
I loved calling my parents on Tuesday. All of them! So heres what has happened since...
The flight was rough, but good. We all slept well on the flight haha. We met Pres y Hna Willard when we got off and man they are the most awesome people I have ever met. Hna Willard has a southern accent. So look at her picture, had a Brena Leigh Johnson twist with Spanish and youve got Hna Willard! Love her and her husband a ton. Well get to them later..
So the bus ride to the Mission office was crazy awesome. Rich Santa Cruz is super green with EMUS! Thats right, we saw emus. Theyre pretty much ostriches. So we went to the mission office and had interviews and just enjoyed each others company. We had subway and I freaked when Pres Willard said I could teach piano as a service opportunity here... More on that later too.
We had family home evening and ate pizza. I teared up when Pres Willard told us that after having interviewed each of us, he knew that we are the tithing to the mission. We are the 10% of the mission, 20 of us, who are the best missionaries he has met. How awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment