Monday, September 16, 2013

A letter of gratitude (Week 5)

My dearest family,
 
Its been a great, but hard week here in the CCM. My heart hurts for my dear cousin Linda who was called home to be with our Savior and his family. I had a really hard time, even though I rejoiced in the knowledge of life after death. I found so much solace is the words of a favorite song that my friend Rachel Lockhart sang many times:
Jesus´ love is like a lighthouse
When the storms of life appear
Like a beacon in the distance,
Always steady, Always clear.
And those who will go where the lighthouse goes
Are warmed by His Spirit and find repose...
Jesus´ love is like a lighthouse
Leading to His peaceful place.
 
I wrote that in my journal last week and just cried. Its hard not being able to hug a mother or just cry but I got back up and went to work. And let me tell you how many tender mercies I have seen in my life. My lessons with my investigators aka teachers are going so well. Spanish is coming along. I have a ton of work to do, but the Lord is at the helm of my Spanish. I feel it at all times.
I´m grateful to be here at the CCM. Were almost at max capacity with about 150 missionaries here, and most Bolivia missionaries have been transferred to Mexico City because we just dont have room for many incomining missionaries. I love the teachers here and they have taught me so much. They are so much like the Savior Jesus Christ. I tell them my name is Elder RISUEÑO in the day because I smile a ton, and Elder SUEÑO at night, because thats when I want to go to sleep. I have a ton of fun with them.
Im so grateful for my talents. I was able to accompany the MTC presidents wife and another elder on a violin duet and it was so beautiful. I love accompanying people while they sing and I play. God is so good to give me this talent. It looks like Ill be playing this Sunday when Elder Cook comes as well.
Im grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who tests me and tries me so that I can grow and become a better person. Although its hard to be tested, I face my trials with a smile because I know theres something to learn.
Im so grateful for hilarious district members. An elder was having constipation so he took laxatives, then realized he didnt want diarrhea either so he took anti diarrheal meds and it was pretty sad and funny. He pooped six times in the middle of the night and threw up on his way to breakfast. Im so glad that wasnt me.
Im so grateful that missionaries are normal people. A few of us love Christmas Vacation, the National Lampoons one, and we quote Aunt Bethanny almost every day because someone has to say THE BLESSSSINNGGGG. hahahhahaa I love it.
Family, I love Peru. I love learning the gospel of Jesus Christ all day every day. There is so much to learn and so much to grow. The Book of Mormon is the answer to our heart´s questions and is the word of God. Its the best way for man to become closer to God. I love temples. I went the last time today for two years. I ask that those of you who are worthy of a recommend, please go to the temple when you can and keep me in your prayers. I will miss being close to my Savior, but being a missionary is a plus because Christ´s name is on my heart at all times.
Elder C. Scott Grow (his name isnt a joke... so stop laughing) said the following at a devotional this past Tuesday:
It doesnt matter where you serve, it matters how you serve.
Bolivia has no idea whats about to hit their country. Please pray for me, and pray for the members of the ward. I pray that they will work with me.
 
I love you all and constantly pray for you.
 
Con amor,
Elder Risueño

No comments:

Post a Comment