Wednesday, July 9, 2014

DONT BLOW OUT THE CANDLE! (Week 49)

AHHHHHHHH!!!

You know that moment in Princess Diaries where Mayra sings Miracles
happen once in a while when you believe... Ya I definitely have been
singing that all week this week.

Some funnies:
Monday my COMPANION lost the keys.. NOT I! And so we had to climb in
the house through ladder and members had to help us. Love it! That
same day we ate chicken feet and chicken gizzard! I don't know where
the gizzard is located exactly, but yeah I know more or less. SO
GOOD. We also ate cow stomach!

This week we also had pizza from a great american place... thanks mom
and dad! And we ate hamburgers! so great!

I think there are more, but I forgot. READY FOR THE MIRACLES?!!

So we have 3 baptisms lined up for these next two weeks! Thomas is SO
READY to be baptized and he is excited. That's this Saturday... AND the
two jovenes got their parents permission to be baptized the 18th! A
MIRACLE! Fasts and prayers answered. They are also preparing to go to
the temple to do baptisms so I of COURSE bought some stuff to help
them get to the temple! I just want to be like THANK YOU EVERYONE AND
GOD FOR YOUR PRAYERS!

We also found a contact and we gave him a pamphlet to read and he was
kind of interested and when we came back he said that he felt that
his eyes had been opened when he had read the pamphlet and told us
then and there he wants to be baptized! YAY!

We have so many more miracles, but I am just so excited for these simple ones.

Now a quick story so the subject makes sense:
So we went to visit a family dealing with some problems and turns out
the power went out! So I was like YAY! TEACHING MOMENT! So we took out
the hymn book and sang the following:
The Lord is my light
The Lord is my strength
I know in his might
Ill conquer at length
My weakness in in mercy
He covers with power
And walking by faith I am blessed every hour!

How beautiful! So we prayed and then I blew out the only candle that
gave us light in the dark. The daughter got super scared and we just
sat there in the dark. And I was like How does it feel? Scary, bad,
etc. And then I told them that we are SO BLESSED to have the light of
Christ with us and that Christs light will never burn itself out, WE
WILL be the ones to blow it out. So no matter how hard our trials are,
no matter how crazy life is, we must NOT blow out that light. That
candle that leads us through the darkness. We cant progress in
darkness, and so we know that we always need light to guide us.

I testify that the light of Christ is the best gift the world has been
given. I invite you all to relight that candle if it is not burning
right now. We do that through prayer. And if it is burning, but needs
some more flame, we need to add some scripture study and church
attendance. I miss you all and love you a ton! :)
For a dollar!
Elder RisueƱo

No comments:

Post a Comment