Monday, June 30, 2014

GO FORTH WITH LOVE! (week 48)

My dearest family,

Let me just start this out again by thanking you for the many prayers
on my behalf and for all of the support you give me throughout the
days. The prayers, the EVERYTHING. It is officially WINTER here in
Tarija and it is DARN COLD! We don't have heaters so we just bundle up
and keep working. But I love it because it reminds me of the good ole
BYUI days. My comp saw snow on the mountains and got so happy because
he has never seen snow before!

Music classes are going well. I LOVE IT! and I also got to play
Consider the Lillies as a piano solo yesterday and I MISS MUSIC! The
ward asked me to play solos each Sunday just to help bring the Spirit
in. YAY! Well see what happens...

Work wise:

My comp and I followed Ellyn's advice about fasting and fasted... It
was hard, but good. We are looking for FAMILIES! And we felt the Lords
hand in our lives as we had more members go with us to lessons. We
have found families, we just havent been able to teach them. I feel
the Lord responded to our desires by just helping us work better
together. I LOVE THE GOSPEL!

Our two jovenes, Moises and Leo are both progressing so well and just
loving church. They told their mom they are preparing to go to the
temple and she said its too holy for them! hahaha, mothers. BUT we need
dads permission to get baptized. They want me to baptize them and I
want to baptize them but we need permission! Tomorrow we'll teach them
about fasting and invite them to fast so they can get baptized...
PRAYERS!

Now the rough part:
Hna Carmen, the lady with cancer and to whom we sang many times,
passed away this week. We went with the bishop to say goodbyes Tueday
night and he blessed her to enter into the Lords rest peacefully. One
of the best moments of my mission happened with her: She was in a ton
of pain and couldn't speak because of a clenched jaw, but she could see
and think fine. So I went to see her eye to eye and her face lit up
and she said HERMANO RISUEÑO! GRACIAS... and then I lost it. Forget
the fact that we are from different countries and such, but I am a 19
year old young man who has been called of God to preach His gospel and
to tell His children that they are loved. That's amazing. Hna Carmen
changed my life. We haven't been able to teach her family because they
live far away, but I know that we will have moments to do so.

As I have reflected on what to share with each of you, I have thought
of the importance that each of us to share the gospel. In his talk
this past April, Elder Ballard invited each person to get a hold of
Preach My Gospel, the guide to missionary work, and to read it! To
study it!and to apply it! He spoke of the joy that would come to all as
they share what they are learning in this god sent tool to be a
missionary! https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/04/following-up?lang=eng
That's the link to the talk. I invite you all to read it and think of
the difference you can make as you share the simple truths others
need! Start at the beginning of the book, or with the lessons, or
wherever! But just say a prayer that the Lord will guide you to those
who need His love. I would like to revisit a hymn I shared a few
months ago:
Go forth with love to tell the world
The joy of families--
That we may be with those we love
Thru all eternity.
Go forth to serve and do your best
With no thought of reward;
Then you shall know the boundless joy
Of serving Christ, the Lord.

I love you all and hope you all have a good week. I hope each of us
reaps the blessings mentioned above as we serve the Lord.

For a dollar and con mucho amor,
Elder Risueño

No comments:

Post a Comment