You guys,
I am so happy for this week. That’s right. Lets all breathe a sigh of relief because RJ is in a good mood and his sassiness is down a lot. I’m actually working on humility so that I don’t sass at all. I’ve been keeping it down a bit, but sometimes I get frustrated. its usually when my comp gives me a hard time for eating so much. whatevs.
So this week has been amazing. Nely is on for her baptism this Saturday. But PLEASE pray for her. She still is smoking and stuff a bit and she needs to be clean like this week. But she is so ready to go. She makes my life; I will have SO MANY stories to tell y’all about her after the mish. They’re fine to share here, but super long. Anyway, YAY NELY
We have a young man were teaching, Leo, who goes to church on his own, goes to seminary on his own, and has only gone to church twice. He went the first time, we got to know him and he was like I WANT TO GO TO SEMINARY. And went. it took forever for him to get there because he lives in timbucktoo, but he wants to get baptized. We just need some support from the parents because the youth that get baptized and don’t have support from their parents don’t do to well at times...
We are teaching another lady in timbucktoo and she didn’t go to church yesterday so we went to visit her and she had read her chapter from gospel principles so she wouldn’t fall behind. GOLDEN. only thing is she isn’t married... and doesn’t have money. dang it. But I still love her. Yay carmen.
Fernando, the old man who loves me and just is my grandpa, doesn’t want to accept a baptismal date, but he still wants to learn. So Elder Risueño is going to go super loving on him and receive all the angel
help he can get to help this viajito get baptized. But hes awesome
Yesterday my comp and I counted 4 investigators at church and 8 less actives. Oh what a blessing. I just was so amazed and grateful. This week the new sisters come to take a lot of our investigators and we are going to live in timbucktoo, but it’ll work out for the best... prayers please.
So the story I want to share with you is about my good drunk friend... so my comp and I were walking late at night and we found a drunk man crying so we went to help him. Now, I know that drunks never remember what we teach them, but I love them. It’s something that just warms my heart. So we were talking to him and he told us he could never go back to Christ because he had too many sins. I told him that it is not the quantity of sins that matters, it’s the quality of the soul. It is not what we have done, it is what we can do. That’s grace. And we said a prayer and I Felt prompted to have him repeat GOD LOVES ME. And he did. Then he said, how do I know God loves me if my own parents don’t love me. Knife to the heart.
I thought of how blessed I have been. My mind flashed back to my biological mother, Jennifer, who may have had some trials in her past that caused divorce, but she decided to take those trials and
mistakes, and let them REFINE her, not define her. She supports me to the day and writes me each week. She may not have been my 24 7 mom, but she sure didn’t let Satan define who she is. She has let the Lord define who she can become.
Then I got to thinking about St Karen, who is the definition of the perfect mother. When my dad proposed to her, I was 3 and had wet my pants on her dress, possibly marking my territory claiming her, and so she had a big wet spot when she got engaged. That started our relationship. She took two kids who weren’t hers biologically and made them hers. I cant explain my love for kare bear. She has been my friends friend, she has sassed me out when I sassed her, and she has loved me more than I can imagine. She takes my weekly I NEEDs and sends them to me. She answered her phone each time I went to the
testing center before I took the exam to tell her I was freaked out and was going to fail, and answered again when I Called to tell her I Got an A. Haha. She is the reason behind the piano skills I have. She
started the lessons with Peggy and continued them with Nancy. As I look at the missionary I have become, i cant help but think of Karen and dad. But without Karen, my dad would not have been the same. Mom, you are amazing. You are my life. If you could have any slogan, it would definitely be MOTHER KNOWS BEST... TAKE IT FROM YOUR MUMSY. (That’s the hymn for this week... hahaha) Because you are always right. And I take it from you. Thank you for doing everything for a dollar
and just being the best mom I could ask for. I am a momma’s boy and will forever sit on your lap when you’re on the couch. I have no shame.
In typical RJ form, I wish to close with a famous phrase of my moms, but changed to fit her.
Ill love you forever,
Ill like you for always
As long as I’m living (and after because we were sealed as a family in
the temple)
My mommy you’ll be.
I went to tell that drunk man that since god loves him it is sure that his parents love him too. The awesome thing about life is that there is no absence of love, it is but a covering of love. Sometimes we just have to dig a bit deeper to find that love hiding somewhere.
I love ya’ll and can’t wait to talk to the fam bam this Sunday.
I am so happy for this week. That’s right. Lets all breathe a sigh of relief because RJ is in a good mood and his sassiness is down a lot. I’m actually working on humility so that I don’t sass at all. I’ve been keeping it down a bit, but sometimes I get frustrated. its usually when my comp gives me a hard time for eating so much. whatevs.
So this week has been amazing. Nely is on for her baptism this Saturday. But PLEASE pray for her. She still is smoking and stuff a bit and she needs to be clean like this week. But she is so ready to go. She makes my life; I will have SO MANY stories to tell y’all about her after the mish. They’re fine to share here, but super long. Anyway, YAY NELY
We have a young man were teaching, Leo, who goes to church on his own, goes to seminary on his own, and has only gone to church twice. He went the first time, we got to know him and he was like I WANT TO GO TO SEMINARY. And went. it took forever for him to get there because he lives in timbucktoo, but he wants to get baptized. We just need some support from the parents because the youth that get baptized and don’t have support from their parents don’t do to well at times...
We are teaching another lady in timbucktoo and she didn’t go to church yesterday so we went to visit her and she had read her chapter from gospel principles so she wouldn’t fall behind. GOLDEN. only thing is she isn’t married... and doesn’t have money. dang it. But I still love her. Yay carmen.
Fernando, the old man who loves me and just is my grandpa, doesn’t want to accept a baptismal date, but he still wants to learn. So Elder Risueño is going to go super loving on him and receive all the angel
help he can get to help this viajito get baptized. But hes awesome
Yesterday my comp and I counted 4 investigators at church and 8 less actives. Oh what a blessing. I just was so amazed and grateful. This week the new sisters come to take a lot of our investigators and we are going to live in timbucktoo, but it’ll work out for the best... prayers please.
So the story I want to share with you is about my good drunk friend... so my comp and I were walking late at night and we found a drunk man crying so we went to help him. Now, I know that drunks never remember what we teach them, but I love them. It’s something that just warms my heart. So we were talking to him and he told us he could never go back to Christ because he had too many sins. I told him that it is not the quantity of sins that matters, it’s the quality of the soul. It is not what we have done, it is what we can do. That’s grace. And we said a prayer and I Felt prompted to have him repeat GOD LOVES ME. And he did. Then he said, how do I know God loves me if my own parents don’t love me. Knife to the heart.
I thought of how blessed I have been. My mind flashed back to my biological mother, Jennifer, who may have had some trials in her past that caused divorce, but she decided to take those trials and
mistakes, and let them REFINE her, not define her. She supports me to the day and writes me each week. She may not have been my 24 7 mom, but she sure didn’t let Satan define who she is. She has let the Lord define who she can become.
Then I got to thinking about St Karen, who is the definition of the perfect mother. When my dad proposed to her, I was 3 and had wet my pants on her dress, possibly marking my territory claiming her, and so she had a big wet spot when she got engaged. That started our relationship. She took two kids who weren’t hers biologically and made them hers. I cant explain my love for kare bear. She has been my friends friend, she has sassed me out when I sassed her, and she has loved me more than I can imagine. She takes my weekly I NEEDs and sends them to me. She answered her phone each time I went to the
testing center before I took the exam to tell her I was freaked out and was going to fail, and answered again when I Called to tell her I Got an A. Haha. She is the reason behind the piano skills I have. She
started the lessons with Peggy and continued them with Nancy. As I look at the missionary I have become, i cant help but think of Karen and dad. But without Karen, my dad would not have been the same. Mom, you are amazing. You are my life. If you could have any slogan, it would definitely be MOTHER KNOWS BEST... TAKE IT FROM YOUR MUMSY. (That’s the hymn for this week... hahaha) Because you are always right. And I take it from you. Thank you for doing everything for a dollar
and just being the best mom I could ask for. I am a momma’s boy and will forever sit on your lap when you’re on the couch. I have no shame.
In typical RJ form, I wish to close with a famous phrase of my moms, but changed to fit her.
Ill love you forever,
Ill like you for always
As long as I’m living (and after because we were sealed as a family in
the temple)
My mommy you’ll be.
I went to tell that drunk man that since god loves him it is sure that his parents love him too. The awesome thing about life is that there is no absence of love, it is but a covering of love. Sometimes we just have to dig a bit deeper to find that love hiding somewhere.
I love ya’ll and can’t wait to talk to the fam bam this Sunday.
For a dollar.
Elder Risueño
Elder Risueño
No comments:
Post a Comment