Monday, May 12, 2014

Facing the Fears (Week 41)

Mothers day was awesome, but super bittersweet too. I was so grateful
to see my family and talk to them, to receive counsel, and just enjoy
life. It was awesome seeing my sister and just saying goodbye because
its the last time well talk as shes a missionary... sad day! But I
really realized that even though the connection was bad and such, that
my weekly email time is SO AMAZING. I love each of you that is reading
this email. Youre reading it because we have some sort of relationship
and you want to know how I am doing in my life. Well, I have the same
feelings for you guys. Frequently I send emails out to some of my
regular email people to see if they can give me an update on YOU GUYS
because I always wonder what is going on in your lives. So, if youre
reading this, I invite you to take like 5 minutes just to hit reply to
this email and write me something! Itll get sent to my mom, probably,
who can forward it to me! And then I can respond! I just want to know
whats gone on in the past 10 months of your lives!

Anyway, on to this week!

So Monday we went hiking to a waterfall! SO AWESOME. I forgot my
charger today, so sorry mom. PICTURES NEXT WEEK! I PROMISE TO
REMEMBER! The moment of that hike taht was the best HAD to have been
when I tried to outsmart a slippery rock by just walking through the
river, then slipping in the river and falling. Even though my camera
and phone got wet, EVERYTHING WAS OKAY! Just saying, I love the
blessings I receive from being a missionary! hahaha. We got some pizza
as a zone, and I bought the comp some ice cream. LIFE WAS GOOD.

We also moved houses...We are WAY UP on the hill and we dont have much
service! DANG IT! But its fine and life is good. We have a BATHTUB,
which is super high class so its nice.

I got to teach a lady named Carmen Mendez who has cancer and reminds
me of dads problems, but shes a lady. So its a little switched, but I
really felt like I was called to teach her. She is progressing, but is
super sick. There is no better feeling than looking at each person in
the eye, and saying, I know how you feel. No joke. But shes awesome.

Nely didnt get baptized this week due to some problems, but this
coming Saturday we are hoping for her baptism!

Im in a new ZONE! Its called Zona La Viña which transfers into the
vine. If anyone wants to look up Jacob 5:72, thats where our name
comes from. zones should be named after wards that are in the zone but
president changed it due to revelation! our zone is going to work in
the vine of God so that we can bring our souls unto him!

We had TRANSFERS THIS PAST WEEK! And Elder Zavaleta and I will be
together for 6 more weeks! I think he was a little sad, but whatever!
I know he loves me! He just doesnt show it as naturally as I do. I was
called as District Leader and Ill explain what taht is... So we have a
senior and junior compaionship at the basic level of missionary work,
and then in charge of 2 or 3 other companionships is a District
Leader. Thats me. I help train, support, and uplift these people. Let
me tell you it is the scariest thing of my life. I never thought I
could be a leader. I am disorganized, a people pleaser, like yall know
me. But that doesnt matter. The Lord has called me into this position
and I will become it. I have my fears. We all have our fears. God asks
us to be humble. In the spanish scriptures, it definies humble as
moldable. I dont think humility only means accepting our weaknesses,
it also means accepting the type of person we can become as we let
Christ mold us. And thats what I have done. My companion told me that
I have a lot to improve on and that came as no surprise, but I want
each of you to know that we all need to improve. We all have our
struggles and our fears, but we need not let those fears become
obstacles. They are ladders that help us reach our Savior, Jesus
Christ.

Theres a cheesy EFY song that I love that goes like this:
So Ill face my fears, Ill give up my pride,
The choice is mine thats how it needs me
Trusting in (Gods) love, I feel a change inside,
Then I can see that (He) was just waiting for me.

Thats right. Hes waiting for us to take the step. We just need to give
up those thoughts that are stopping us from helping others. Trust in
He who went through it all for you. Give it to Him and let him mold
you into the person you can become.

There was much more that went on this week, but I feel like this will
do. I love you all and pray for you daily.

For a dollar!
Elder Risueño

No comments:

Post a Comment