The next two months, I invite each of you reading this to think of your hands: What are you doing with them? Are you using them to lift others, or to lift yourself? When the Savior was on the Earth, he taught a young man who had kept all of the commandments of the God. This keen young man asked the Lord what more he lacked. The Savior responded: ¨If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast and give to the poor and thou shalt have treasure in heaven. Come and follow me.¨ This man, having many posessions, went away sad because he wouldnt give what he had. (Matthew 19:19 to 21) Now, this isnt a speech to get you to give all of your money to people who have no money. Rather, this is an invitation to give up something more precious: Your time. And to give to people who are poor in spirit. You know people in your life who need that love. If you dont, pray for the Lord to tell you who needs your help. I promise you that if you serve others, this will be a Christmas to never forget. Dont sell your material possessions, sell your time of watching TV or going on Facebook and do something for someone who has nothing.The song focuses on how the Lord served and worked miracles with his hands. He healed the sick, raised the dead, comforted the weary. But he also clasped his hands in agony when he was suffering for our sins. He used his hands out of love, and when those he loved pierced his hands, he still loved them and served them.Till these hands become like those from Galilee.And Ill not rest till I make up my hands what they could beEach day was filled with selflessnessShowing man what hands might doHis hands would serve his whole life throughA song called His Hands shares the following message about the Savior:Speaking of hands, I want to share with you my love for the Saviors hands. But first, story. So last year I had the amazing oppòrtunity to work during the holiday season and I enjoyed every minute of the hustle and bustle. I also got to help put together a Christmas musical program for my church and both of those experiences will forever be imprinted in my mind. This year, and next, will be different. In my area, there isnt a mall. There wont be a music program. But there will be service. This season, I get to be like my Savior, Jesus Christ. I get to serve others as a way of gratitude for my blessings in life.I totally had a near death experience! It was awesome. So I was walking into my pensionistas home and was behind my companion. I closed the gate and had walked maybe 6 steps when I heard a CRACK and WABAM! part of their tree fell to the ground. I kind of laughed it off because it seemed pretty light, but it probably would have killed me or stopped me from playing piano. Both of those are on the same level.During my first Zone Conference, my awesome Mission President shared his love for my companion who goes home in 3 weeks. Pres Willard shared how humble Elder Chavez was and how awesome of a missionary I will be because of my training. Well, I went to put my arm around Elder Chavez and instead I ELBOWED HIM IN THE FACE! My Mission Mom was right behind us and she was dying of laughter with us. Totes an RJ moment.So Ive decided that pasteurized milk is too main stream so I buy my milk straight from the cow! A man comes in a carriage with milk for me to buy every morning! I only buy it a few times a week and LOVE IT! Its more of the experience.A few crazy stories to make yall smile:This week has been crazy as usual. First off, Happy HALLOWEEN! Here in Bolivia, people do stuff if they want, but Todos Santos (day of the dead) is more important so Ill have some stuff to share with you this week as I live through my first Halloween here. Honestly, I might dress up, but there isnt too much on this side of town going on.Family and friends!
We have rats here. One lived in my bag for a bit, and then it escaped. Another elder killed another one, but I did NOT want a picture with the thing. Time to clean the house!
Giving, ever giving, endlessly.
This week was rough. Our investigators need someone to love them before they will make the commitment to be baptized. Man, am I learning patience like my sister. But, I am using my hands to hold scriptures and to hold their hands while I bring them closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ.I bear my testimony of the reality of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love my mission and love each and every one of you. I also know that I can send letters now! I have addresses and will make it to the post office once a month to get them to you. The picture attached is the tree that almost killed me, and the house I eat at every day. I love you all!
Con amor,
Elder RisueƱo
Monday, November 4, 2013
I love my mission (Week 14)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment