For this week, I ask each of you to pray to find someone who needs your light. Who needs your hope. Let the Lord guide you to them, and share with them the great blessings that come from the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.Trials may come, and we may not understand everything that happens to us or around us. But if we humbly, quietly trust in the Lord, He will give us strength and guidance in every challenge we face. When our only desire is to please Him, we will be blessed.I am sure that each of you has trials too. We all have them each day of the week. But what are we doing to share our experiences of hope with others? So many people dont know where to go to find solace. But we have the knowledge that they need to make it through the day.I know that through patience during our trials, we can find silver linings to share with other who are suffering. In my life, I have had trials and I never knew I would share them with people each day of the mission.Our God will never us forsake!If we now shun the fight?Why should we think to earn a great rewardTis not so, all is right!Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?As a missionary, I have dealt with some small sufferings of investigators not coming to church, not wanting to change. And after about 6 weeks of not having any investigator progress, we had 7 people come to church with us. We have a lot of work to do, and after waiting, the Lord has provided. That reminds me of a great verse of a hymn:Julian had a terrible accident two months ago and lost his wife in a car accident. He himself cant walk and he doesnt know why God would cause him this much pain when he has done all he can to be a good person. He is suffering.Lorenza Rojas is a wife of a sweet husband who is terribly sick. He cant go to church because he pees in his pants and doesnt really know it. Hna Rojas is old, and has served the Lord her entire life, but when she needed the help, the ward didnt come to help. She is suffering.Antoinela is about 95 years old, cant walk, cant really move, she just talks to us with few words and tells us she has pains in her body and wants to walk. She is suffering.This week we have found some different and blessed people.This week, I wanted to share with you my testimony about our tales that each of us has to tell. Let me elaborate:But isnt it the best?! Arent missions the most awesome things in the world?!I almost ruined Moms DELICIOUS brownie mix because I forgot to put butter on the pan before... and have made many other cooking mistakes.A cockroach in the house walked on my feet and I squealed and about peed my pants...A dog peed on my leg while I was writing down an appointment...I stepped in about a foot of mud and totally soaked my shoe...My dearest family and loving friends,Well this week has been one to remember:
Gird up your loins, fresh courage take
And soon we´ll have this tale to tell:
All is well! All is well!
This past week, I received a great talk from my friend Alyssa Whalen that had this quote from Bruce D Porter:The prophet Nephi, in the Book of Mormon, said the following during a trial of his:My God hath been my support, he hath led me through mine afflictions and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.How I hope the best for each of you this week and pray the Lord will guide you in every step.
Con amor,
Elder RisueƱoP.S. Take a look at my scriptures case, my lovely shoes after the mud attacked, and Happy birthday, mom! and happy 3 months to me!
Monday, November 4, 2013
Happy 3 Months to me! (Week 13)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment