Dearest family and friends,(I cant believe Im crying as I write this. I cry all day I think. Mostly out of gratitude, but a lot of times out of frustration and worry.)First off, thanks for the 20,000 cards for my birthday. Quick commercial interruption: Thanks to... Clint Davis, Sis Huebner, Margaret Crowley, Rachel Lockhart, Meagan and Alyssa Whalen, Sis Akina, Sis Van Patten, Mom and Dad in the OC, my other equally important Mother in the IE, Granny Linda, Kristi Sexton, The Brits, Ellyn, Peggy Hauret, Sis Brodowski and the 7th ward YW.Now onto this week:First off, I have met Victor Hugo. No joke. We were walking by this black guy who looked like Morgan Freeman and Chris Rock so I went up to him and no joke, it was Victor Hugo! Thats his name! I about died and looked like an idiot because I dont know how to say that VH is one of the most influential authors of this time hahaha. Anyway, great day!My subject for this weeks topic comes for my dear father. Hes been sick for a while and I have spent so much time thinking about my love for him and all that he has done for me. He has had so many trials of his faith, and I am having the same. But while walking one night, I realized that if my friend Alyssa Whalen were to read the word trials, she would say TRAILS because shes dyslexic. How awesome that was to learn that trials are just trails.We met a man named Carlos this past week. Hes a dad, just like mine! He has health problems and his number one worry in his life is the welfare of his children. He doesnt have the gospel in his life and how awesome it was for me to testify to him that his children are watching him. My dad has been sick most of my life. He has been in and out of the hospital, out of work, and just not able to do a lot of things with me. But one thing he has done is he has been the best example of a saint for me. Through his years of enduring pain, he has continued to exercise his Priesthood authority, he works in the temple, he has helped so many people have salvation. My dad has walked through so many hard trials of his faith. Those trials have become trails that I have begun to walk. My dad has served a mission and I am doing the same right now. My dad has endured years of pain that have been unbearable and at times this mission gets to be too much. But I know that my father on Earth, and my father in Heaven know what I have gone through. Im so grateful that my trials in life are helping others. I hope my dad knows how much I love him and how grateful for his impact in my life. I have changed so much in the past two months of missionary service and I cant wait to see how much I continue to change in the next 22 months.Carrie Underwood says it best:Sometimes that mountain youll be climbing is just a grain of sandAnd what youve been out there searching for forever, its in your hand!And when you figure out love is all that matters after allIt sure makes everything else seem so small.Have a good week everyone,Con Amor,Elder RisueƱo
Monday, September 16, 2013
Trials of faith (Week 8)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment