Friday, July 26, 2013

IM ON! (Week 1)

K. Today the enter bar is not working today and the internet is slow so bear with me. The CCM is so crazy. I’m in District 204 with ALL guys. We only had 5 girls on the plane. 9 of the guys are going to Piura, Peru, E Holmes and I are going to Santa Cruz, and one guy is going to Iquitos, Peru. They are all super young and not really focused but I have become the district mother. The spongebob hand
sanitizer is a HIT, mom. I love you. PS I guess you got my flowers! I love you so much and it turns out YOU paid for it! So you’re welcome.

The weather is cold here. I wish I had brought a light jacket but whatevs. I get over it. The showers are getting better. I pray for about 30 seconds of warm water and I usually get it, followed by searing hot or freezing cold water. I am grateful. The CCM in Lima has doubled in the past few weeks so it’s crazy. 6 to 8 people to a room.

The food here is the best cafeteria food I’ve ever had. Get this, chicken, pasta, and rice ALL the time. All we need is some barbeque sauce and I’m set. Elder Holmes and I are getting along well. He’s really nice and appreciates my piano playing because he sings. Turns out, I’m not perfect. Sorry. Speaking of, no organ here. It makes me sad. ;( and we can’t listen to music because of some stuff. On to happy things: Everyone loves my last name here so I get a good kick out of it. The temple is really beautiful and was something I needed today. Shopping was so fun and I really enjoyed being in Peru. Being tall in a Latin American country is so fun because you can barely fit in a bus. The spanish is getting better. Sometimes I will start teaching in French so that gets a bit funny. My teacher laughs because I’ll say an entire sentence in French and then realize it. Awkward. Oh! A few days ago I was getting food and it was REALLY GOOD (per the usual) and I told the lady ESTOY MUY DELICIOSO!! Super awk because that means that I´m delicious instead of the food being delicious. I love it here so much and I love you all. I know that I’m sacrificing my time so I can help others be happy. My guardian angel, Grandpa Perry Moss, said the following: Do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, regardless of personal pleasure... I love you all and I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is a happy thing! I really hope my mom edited this for you all.
Con amor,
Elder Risueño

P.S.  My pillow works well. Its not too big but at least I have a pillow! Ive been having a hard week but sometimes I just cry because I KNOW that everyone is praying for me. The spirit is awesome. I love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment