Hello family!
This week has been really great and I cant wait to share some of the fun stories of what has been happening here in Tarija, Bolivia!
So for a fun thing, we are working with families so we are trying to find fun activities and such for Family Home Evening and I came up with the idea of introducing something so strange… PB N J SANDWICHES! That’s right. We are now going to our families and not only saving them eternally, but showing them the love we have for Peanut Butter! We have had so much success and Ive had a ton of fun! J
Another fun thing this week was that an Assistant to the President joined us yet again for a few hours during our proselyting. Its not very common that the APs accompany us since were not Zone Leaders, but they love being with us! The second time in 3 weeks they’ve come to be with us. My companion says it’s a sign Im bound to be an AP, but I know its because my mouth is almost as big as my heart, and they love how I make them laugh. But I loved being with Elder Knight for a time. How I feel so blessed to have so many people here in Bolivia who touch my life!
This week has been a great week for us, musically, as well. A few days ago we had a Zone Conference and each of the five zones was in charge of a musical number… And I ended up accompanying three of those five. And only one was really a musical number arrangement. And it was one of my favorite pieces, Savior Redeemer, of my Soul. I hadn’t played it in more than 6 months, I only practiced it once before the meeting, but I knew the Lord had given me this talent to bless the lives of others. So I played it. And somehow I finished the piece and saw my Mission President with tears In his eyes. The room was quiet because the spirit was so present with us and I knew that I had made mistakes, but I had shared my love and my testimony through this piece. I firmly believe I was blessed with this gift because the Lord knew I would use it to bless his children. I thank my parents, and my amazing teacher Grandma Nancy Cotter for always reminding me that for a listener who needs the Lord, they look not for a song of perfection, they look for a song of testimony and of love for the Savior.
One of the text from the hymn teaches us the following:
Oer rule mine acts to serve thine ends,
Change frowning foes to smiling friends
Chasten my soul till I shall be
In perfect harmony with thee
Make me more worthy of thy love
And fit me for thy life above.
This week we have found many families to teach. It has been a miracle. We have 4 investigators with baptismal dates for the 6th of September. No one knows why I love that date so much haha. Well work for that date!
I love you all and I love that I found Kraft Mac n Cheese this week in the supermarket!
For a dollar,
The elder who is now using normal shoes because his toenail is slowly coming back to life.
Elder RisueƱo
No comments:
Post a Comment