Monday, July 21, 2014

Take Gods Hand! (Week 51)

Hello my amazing family!


I just hope all is well with you guys. No big, but I did get to
baptize two people this week. And I only had to repeat one of them! My
amazing young friend Leo let his knee fly up so we had to do it again,
and I was moving him AWAY from the wall he thought I was dunking him
again and I was like NO! We have to say the prayer, too! Good teaching
time and it was fun for the both of us.

This past Monday, my pension loved me enough to make me SOPA PODEROSA,
a common soup here in Bolivia which is filled with vegetables and
juevo de torro. And torros don't lay eggs, so use your brain, people.
AND IT WAS SO GOOD! Big and good. And full of vitamns so they say. I
asked her to make it for my year mark lunch! Hahaha and for the main
dish? Cow heart on kabob sticks... How I love that lady! So delicious.

We also had the opportunity to have interviews with our mission
president and his wife. So its something super special because it only
comes once every 3 or 4 months so everyone prays and all that jazz. So
I got to my interview and the topic? Organization. No joke. Im just
super overwhelmed sometimes because I'm still super crazy in all the
thoughts I have and I cant focus and I still lose things and I was
just having a hard time. And then President gave me some great advice,
but for a time I could have SWORN it was my mother speaking. I wanted
to respond, Thanks mom, but I didn't because I'm not sassy anymore and
because I thought of that sassy remark AFTER the interview, Thank you
holy Spirit. But I am just super in love with life.

I really love seeing how much I am changing and how much I am able to
be a missionary even with weaknesses! Like, why would God want me to
serve him when sometimes I dont' even know what my investigators need?
Oh wait. It teaches HUMILITY. And it teaches us how much we need God
in our lives and how we NEED to pray to Him to figure out what to do
and where to go in life. And He loves to remind us how much we need
Him by giving us weaknesses! How amazing! We fall and hes like, Oh
here, take my hand and I'll lead you to eternal happiness. But
sometimes we act like two year olds and just sit there crying until we
realize that crying doesn't get us anywhere, thanks mom for that, and
we take His hand and walk into happiness. I love this verse from Lead
Me Into Life Eternal:

Father, all my heart I give thee;
All my service shall be thine.
Guide me as I search in weakness;
Let thy loving light be mine.

Guys, people ALWAYS tell me that I smile a ton and I'm like NO DUH! I
love God and I serve Him the best I can! I invite you all to do the
same. Just do the best you can and let God fill in the rest. If you're
too busy frustrated or crying or just being selfish, get on your knees
and pray. That's the best answer and only answer that'll bring you
everlasting happiness.

I love you all and I loved having a less active I rescued give me the
sacrament yesterday. Hes preparing for the mission now! YAY!

For a dollar!
Elder RisueƱo









No comments:

Post a Comment