Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Love, Learn and Overcome (Week 44)

Happy June!!
 
I love you all so much and just want to see a virtual SMILE across your faces right now. That's right, peeps, break out them smiles. Because the world needs it.
 
Anyway, the work here is going really well! Ready for some funnies for the week?
 
The best moment of this week had to have been when we were teaching a super spiritual lesson in a poor house and my companion was testifying of the priesthood and WABAM! I totally fell THROUGH the chair... Like my bottom was on the dirt. Everyone was dying of laughter. I couldn't hold it in either. Like my comp ALWAYS gives me a hard time for eating so much and then obviously I realized I have a problem. Whatevs. Don't judge. But I loved it! I love the mission.
 
This week we got to sing to our good friend Carmen who has cancer. We stopped by her house and her husband told us to come later because she was sleeping and we sheepishly said, but we came to wish her a happy mothers day! And we got in. :) We sang count your many blessings. And it was awesome because we dont sing on tune, and we invited hno enrique to sing with us and he was like, yeah no. But then by the time we got to the chorus for the 3rd time, I heard a 3rd voice. At first I thought it was an angel, but it was hno enrique! YAY! Hna Carmen was so happy for the visit. And then we came back a few days later and Hno Enrique and I washed his clothes which is HILARIOUS because I never washed my clothes at home and we had machines! Sorry mom. LOVE YOU! Lives change.
 
Last Monday I invited you all to practically, find yourselves by losing yourselves. So I decided to do the same. And I started with my personal study. I got on my knees and just prayed that the Lord would lead me to scriptures that would help others. Oh how awesome it went. Each time I did that, I went to a lesson and the scriptures I had studied were ones needed by our investigators. It was a testimony of the love the Savior has for me as an instrument in His hands. We had miracles happen with the Hno Fernando, his son said that I was sent to this ward to baptize him, and guess what? He wants be baptized the 14th!! No joke! So amazing. I love this work and that I'm here. You guys, I also interviewed a lady to be baptized and I felt the love God has for each of us. I even finished THE CONTINUOUS ATONEMENT grandma sent me. I have grown so much. I love this work. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. But its not easy. Life isn't easy. The day after my DAY OF MIRACLES, I had a meltdown. I felt like my weaknesses were too big to take on, so I just lost it. Lets be real. The stress is crazy. But how grateful I was to feel the presence of angels as they bore me up. I was blessed to pray to my Heavenly Father and feel His arms around me. Sometimes we feel like we cant do it, but we can! In the continuous atonement, Brad Wilcox reminds us that as our heart beats with UPS AND DOWNS on the monitor, it shows that we are alive. But when its a straight line, were dead. So ups and downs are good. :)
 
With my love for the Savior and for this work, I just want you to read the lyrics of this hymn to finish off my letter:
 
Thru test and trial we'll have our fears,
But we will not despair.
We're here to serve a righteous cause,
Truth gives us strength to dare.
We'll love, and learn, and overcome,
We'll sing a joyful song,
As Zion's youth in latter days,
Triumphant, pure, and strong.
 
My dear friends, I simply hope that in each of our journeys  we will be able to love, learn, and overcome as we walk in the paths of the Lord. Remember that we are to LOVE first. As we love whatever is happening, it is only then that we can learn and overcome and sing that joyful song. I love each of you with all my heart. I love this gospel and I love the trials I face. The Savior wants us to use his atonement to grow and that is what well do.
 
For a dollar and con mucho amor,
Elder Risueño

No comments:

Post a Comment