Thursday, April 10, 2014

Keep On Keeping On (Week 36)

Hello Family and friends!

Happy Monday! I surely hope that this week has been amazing for each
of you and that you can feel my love and joy coming from this internet
cafe here in Tarija. This past week has been pretty gnarly. Im slowly
getting the member who cooks lunch for us to lower down the amount of
food she gives us because it makes me SUPER TIRED and slow. And the
Spirit doesnt work when all Elder Risueño wants is a nap. She
Paraguaya so I have to be super nice and slow with her so she doesnt
feel offended but I can NOT eat like 3 plates of rice and chicken,
lady! Anyway, other crazy thing is I broke out with a CRAZY rash on my
arms. I didnt get a picture, but itll probably come back so Ill be
sure to snag a pic next time! Its from sun poisoning or something. But
I just have to buy me some meds and were good to go!

This week has been exactly what my subject line says. We have been
looking for people to teach and made contacts in the streets and then
weve had people not be at home, or not give us super good directions,
or other problems. And so it was one of those moments where I have had
to rely on the knowledge of my Savior Jesus Christ to help me keep on
keeping on. I love how at General Conference we were taught that this
life is not about endings, but everlasting beginnings. That even if we
have to stand alone to stand for whats right, at least were standing
on the correct side! That love is the answer for all that we do and
all that we will do inthis life.

This week I am going to start putting together the announcements so
that music classes start up here in the coming weeks. I couldnt be
more excited. The members are awesome, and they need ways to invite
their friends to activities! When we knock on doors, we find super
Catholic people who dont want us, but they ALWAYS love my name! So I
try to get my name stuck in as quickly as possible so they smile and
realize that we missionaries are good people!

Anyway, as of this week, we are going to make a 360 in the work here
in Tabladita. I am going to pray even more. I am going to love even
more. I am going to make sure that the Lord is with me in each step.
And if I dont feel him with me, I will make sure I go back to He who
must be with me in every step. I ask that if you are looking for a
service to perform, my companion Elder Jhonatan Zavaleta is super
awesome and has yet to receive one card in the mission. Dont feel like
you have to send him something big or in Spanish, just a simple Thank
you card would help a ton. Do what you all can to translate it and
just let him know how awesome he is. Its hard sometimes to get along,
but let me tell you how much I love my companion. We are working so
hard to help these people see the goodness of us as missionaries.
Please write him if you can to the same place you send me letters.

I wish to finish this weekly email with lyrics from a hymn of hope:

When dark clouds of trouble hang o'er us
And threaten our peace to destroy,
There is hope smiling brightly before us,
And we know that deliv'rance is nigh.
We doubt not the Lord nor his goodness.
We've proved him in days that are past.
The wicked who fight against Zion
Will surely be smitten at last.

My dear family, let us not let the clouds that overhang us destroy our
smiles. We know that delivrance isnigh. We know the Lord loves us and
has protected us and will continue to protect us. This week I will be
on the search for families to teach and bless and I hope that you guys
do the same. Find someone who needs of your love.

I love my family and I love my dad. Dad, keep up the fight and keep
walking with me. I know you can do it! And Sparky, happy late
birthday! If my dog would have been a human, he wouldhave been
baptized this week. Happy 8 years, Sparkle.

For a dollar!
Elder Risueño
P.S. If you are sending packages, keep to USPS. They arent going
through other systems now to pick stuff up! Love y'all!


Okay, so a quick story to maybe help yall smile!!!

So a few nights ago we were walking in the rain and it was one of
those Les Miz moments when the pavement shined like silver and all the
lights were misty in the river. So what did I do? Sang On My Own...
Well the few parts I remembered. I realized that I really have been
out in the mission for 9 months because I couldnt remember like the
entire song. DANG IT! But it was fun. Yay for Rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment