Monday, February 3, 2014

Changing the Night to Day (Week 24)

My dear family, 

I just spent 20 minutes writing you and I accidentally deleted this email and I have to rewrite it. How it saddens me. Transfers came and went. My new companion is Elder Chura from La Paz and what a blessing he is in my life. Ill write more about him next week.

With these short minutes I have left with you, I just want to share my testimony regarding prayer. PResident Monson said that 
joy comes as we recognize that we can communicate with our Heavenly Father through prayer and that those prayers will be heard and answered—perhaps not how and when we expected they would be answered, but they will be answered and by a Heavenly Father who knows and loves us perfectly and who desires our happiness. 

My dear family. I pray for you each and every day. We as missionaries need the Lord and you guys do, too. I invite you to ponder upon this beautiful hymn
 Be thou humble in thy weakness, and the Lord thy God shall lead thee,
Shall lead thee by the hand and give thee answer to thy prayers.
Be thou humble in thy pleading, and the Lord thy God shall bless thee,
Shall bless thee with a sweet and calm assurance that he cares.


I want you to know that Im doing great. I am working hard and I know that my  Savior lives and loves us. He wants to communicate with us. The way we do this is through humility and prayer. As we humble ourselves to accep the will of our FAther in Heaven, we learn His will for us. My family, how my heart aches for the Teague Family. How I will pray with the Lord and pray for the angels to accompany them. I know He Lives. I know my Savior lives with all of my heart. As I invite people to pray to know the Book of Mormon is true, the Holy Spirit resounds it in my heart that its true. We just need to get on our knees and ask. How simple yet so beautiful. As we take a few precious minutes to talk to our Heavenly Father, to express the difficulties we face each day, He WILL respond. Maybe not when we want or in the way we want, but He will. 

What an interesting email this will be to remember. This is my testimony. Talk with Him. And look for the blessings. They will come.

Of this I bear witness with mucho amor,
Elder Risueño

No comments:

Post a Comment