Monday, November 25, 2013

Life isnt easy, but with God its possible (week 17)

 November 18, 2013
Hey family!!!
This week was awesome!!

Mom and pops, thanks for the tree and ornaments! You guys are great!!

Bremmer family, I love you guys so much! I tried to keep the package till Christmas, but my companions wanted it and it was GREATTT! The Hot Cheetos were gone too soon, but it was great. Thank you for your sacrifice. 

Im so glad Mom and Dad got their own Christmas package this week. I love you guys. 

Grandma Dawn had some questions today:
I live in a house with two other missionaries. 
I eat at a members house everyday for lunch, and some bread for dinner. We can shop at a supermarket, but Ive never gone. We will go today in hopes for better health for me. Its out of our zone, so its kind of difficult to go. About 20 minutes away.
We are going to BURGER KING today in Central Santa Cruz. About 30 minutes away. 

So you ready for some spiritualness?!!
SANTA CRUZ IS GETTING A TEMPLE!! Thats right. Its been in talks for a year, and this week the church bought 25 lotes to construct the temple! So exciting. I cant wait.

I finished training, and my companion is going home to meet my sister. I am so happy. I cant help but think why I, and so many other young people are serving missions. I think its because we want to change the world and we are willing to do whatever it takes to help someone. We are willing to go through trials and everything just to help someone in need.

Mom sent me this in a letter. Its a quote that says ¨Great leaders emerge from those who learn to change themselves first. Only then are these people worth listening too.¨ This author is speaking of tone. Of an ability of self goverfnment to help others. ¨These people inspire others just by establishing a connection with them. They have something other people want. Its a tone, a feeling. It is the product of self government.¨ People can doubt young adults like us, but by interacting with many different people, we learn this self governemtn and we live it. 

I love the hymn As Zions Youth in Latter days. Zion is a place of people who are pure in heart.

  1. 3. Thru test and trial we'll have our fears,
    But we will not despair.
    We're here to serve a righteous cause;
    Truth gives us strength to dare.
    We'll love, and learn, and overcome;
    We'll sing a joyful song,
    As Zion's youth in latter days,
    Triumphant, pure, and strong.

This week I invite you to meditate and ponder upon someone who may need some extra happiness in their life. Once you find that person, pray for a way for you and the missionaries to serve this person, even with cookies! I promise yhou that not only will you feel the strong spirit of Christ in your life, but your fiend will never forget the kind service given byh those young people!

I end with my testimony of another missionary in a training video for us missionaries:
There is a point in everyones life where you have to have God because you have nothing else. Our job as missionaries is to make sure that when that point comes that they KNOW that God is right there. Life isnt easy, but with God its possible. And its not just possible, its fulfilling.¨ I bear you my testimony that its true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Con amor, 

Elder Risueño

No comments:

Post a Comment