Wow! Wasnt conference the best or what?? And I got to watch most of it in English! On to that in a few paragraphs...
So this week was a week of miracles. First off, I got a stomach infection which was super fun. I was put on bed rest and slept more. But I felt like my dad and I enjoyed every minute going to get meds and such. I was in my shirt, mesh shorts, and loafers! I am my father´s son!
Amidst the trials of not having families in our area, or having progressing investigators, our shining light came this week! Selene is a young adult we contacted a few weeks ago then disappeared off the face of the Earth. Well, we found her and we are trying to get her to see the blessings of changing her work schedule so she can make it to church! She wants to get baptized and she knows the Book of Mormon is true! How awesome is that!
Music classes went well this past week! Only about 4 people came, but they are now SUPERB directors of 4/4 time! So great! I loved it!
Now onto conference...
God answered so many of my prayers! I just feel so ready to focus on the work! Not only are members SO important to the work, but we need to have faith in each day. I loved Elder Dube´s talk where he spoke of when he was a little boy and he was doing a chore and told his mom, ¨Look how much we´ve done!¨¨ And she responded by saying, ¨No, look how much we have to do!¨ How true that is in missionary work, how true that is in life.
I was reminded of the great story of Hercules and his journey to find his individual worth:
¨Down an unknown road
To embrace my fate
Though the road may wander,
It will lead me to you.
And a thousand years
Would be worth the wait
It may take a lifetime,
But somehow Ill see it through.
And I wont look back
I can go the distance!
And Ill stay on track
No, I wont accept defeat.
Its an uphill slope,
But I wont lose hope.
I will go the distance till my journey is complete!¨¨
Family in friends, trust in God. Have patience. Dont look back! Look at all that you can do and will do with God! Dont let your fears stop you from completing your dreams.
I have faith in you. The Lord does as well.
Have a great week, and go the distance.
Con muchisimo amor,
Èlder Risueño
No comments:
Post a Comment